I made this side dish the other night while the fiance was out of town. I immediately felt guilty about it. Brussels sprouts are a frequent occurence on our table, but never have I ever made them with bacon.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Onions
- 1 cup of Brussels sprouts
- 2 strips of bacon, chopped into little pieces
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or coconut oil)
- sea salt, black pepper and garlic salt to taste
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Remove the end of the Brussels sprouts and cut in half. Transfer pieces to a large baking dish and add bacon and onion. Coat with oil, sea salt, black pepper and garlic salt. Roast for 30-35 minutes.