Why Counting Colors?
Embrace a holistically healthier way of being, mind, body, and spirit. At the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the hormonal reactions that occur when you eat, and why there is more to it than counting calories.
- Reap the benefits of eating more real, whole foods. These include balanced blood sugar, increased energy, improved sleep, weight loss/maintenance, more stable moods, and a release from restriction.
- Improve your relationship with food. View food and nutrition not as negatives (in terms of deprivation, guilt, shame, punishment, dread), but that which we use to fuel and nourish down to the deepest parts of ourselves
- Undergo mindset shifts leading to more mindfulness, self-love, peace, gratitude and increased confidence.
- Learn to tap into your intuition and find alignment; to get in tune with your authentic self and approach your day with more ease and flow.
- Shed stories and long-held beliefs that may be standing in the way of your health goals.
What You Get:
- 4 hour-long webinars (which will be recorded in case you can't make it live)
- Counting Colors e-book
- Real food recipe packet including over 50 recipes!
- Sense of community and access to the Counting Colors Facebook group
- Daily support and information
- Book and other resource suggestions
- An increased sense of health and wellness!
Class begins October 2018. Registration will be opening soon!
Please contact me for information on the next round of Counting Colors!
AS A HEALTH COACH, I TAKE PRIDE IN FUELING MY BODY WITH REAL, WHOLE FOODS. I HAVE GOTTEN GOOD AT LISTENING TO MY BODY OVER THE YEARS, PROVIDING IT WITH THE NUTRIENTS IT NEEDS WHILE SATISFYING MY CRAVINGS TO MAINTAIN BALANCE AND AVOID DEPRIVATION. I ENJOY EATING, AND I REALLY LOVE FOOD.
BUT I WASN’T ALWAYS THIS WAY. TOWARDS THE END OF HIGH SCHOOL AND INTO COLLEGE, I WAS CONSUMED WITH COUNTING CALORIES AND EXERCISING EVERY DAY. QUITE FRANKLY, IT WAS NOT ONLY ABOUT STAYING THIN, BUT ALSO ABOUT STAYING IN CONTROL. FOOD WAS SOMETHING TO BE FEARED FOR THE CHANCE IT WAS GOING TO MAKE ME FAT, AND IT WAS MY BIGGEST ENEMY AND LARGEST SOURCE OF ANXIETY.
THANKFULLY, IN MY MID- TO LATE 20S, AS I IMMERSED MYSELF IN THE STUDY OF NUTRITION, I STARTED TO MAKE THE CONNECTION BETWEEN WHAT I ATE AND HOW I FELT. I HAD NEVER THOUGHT OF EATING IN THIS WAY, AND IT COMPLETELY REVAMPED MY RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD. I DECIDED TO RELEASE ALL THE FOOD RULES, AFTER WHICH I QUICKLY REALIZED HAD BEEN MAKING ME MISERABLE. TAKING ON A MORE INTUITIVE APPROACH, WHILE VIEWING FOOD (AND MYSELF) FROM A MORE POSITIVE PLACE HAS CHANGED THE WAY I EAT. IT WAS THEN FROM THIS PLACE, THAT I DEVELOPED MY MANTRA: COUNT COLORS, NOT CALORIES
Our body is not a calculator, but more of a chemistry lab.
Food is information for our cells, so should be thought of in terms of nutrients, not calories. Whenever I’m building a meal, I make a point to try and incorporate as much nutrition as I can. In other words, I count colors. As you start to eat closer to nature, you will notice the beautiful collage of colors with each fruit, vegetable and source of healthy fat serving its unique nutritional purpose.
This shift helps shape a new perspective: one from lack and scarcity (the restriction that goes along with dieting and calorie counting), to that of abundance and beauty.
There is nothing more liberating than breaking free from the dieting mindset, which is why I developed this 4-week course to share what I’ve learned. While we will be focusing on eating more real, this is neither a cleanse nor a “plan” from which you can fall off. It’s an embrace of a whole new way of thinking about health, yourself, and your day-to-day in general. How we eat so often parallels with issues and anxieties we experience in other aspects of life; this is where the holistic piece comes in to play. You’ll get real with your food while getting real with yourself. As you learn to release the noise and chatter in your mind that might be standing in the way of both your ideal health and most authentic self.